Wednesday, July 21, 2010

9 months old already!

My Sweet Baby Girl,
Wow! Nine months already!  It hardly seems possible.  Suddenly it seems as though the whole world has opened up in front of you.  There are so many new things for you to explore and experience.  You are scooting around on your stomach and today you started kind of a half crawling half scooting thing.  I think soon you will be crawling very efficiently.  If I put you down on the floor and go into another room you come after me, looking to see where I went.  The other day I left you with Daddy and went upstairs to exercise and you scooted out into the hall and banged on a metal vent and yelled "MAMAAAAAA!" when you couldn't find me.  Sometimes you strike off on your own, scooting down the hall to the mirror where you sit and babble to yourself.  You clap your hands for everything from breast milk to diaper changes.  It is so cute!  Just this week you started pointing with your cute little finger.  You point at pictures in books and all kinds of things you want us to see.  You love it when we read you stories, especially at bedtime.  Peekaboo is your favorite game.  You like to snatch up a piece of clean laundry when I am folding clothes and hold it over your face while I say "Where's the baby?" Then you pull it down and laugh like crazy when I say "Peekaboo" or "There she is!"  You are so curious about everything now and you want to touch it all.  While you are still very attached to your mama, you are becoming a little more independent every day.  I have so much fun with you and cherish every minute I have with my sweet baby.  I love you!


Hey mom, what's this green stuff for?

2 comments:

Stuff Parents Need said...

Popping over from Stuff Parents Need to say hi! I'm subscribing to your blog, and I'd LOVE to get together for a play date with our little girls in a month or so after we get settled. We don't know anyone in Chattanooga and I'd love to meet another mom with a baby close in age to Darah!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess, loved reading your blog! Sounds like you are loving being "Mommy"! Its a wonderful job! I can tell from your post you are doing a fantastic! Little Addy is getting so big, and as cute as a button!

In one since it seems like it was just a few years ago when we were little girls playing with our dolls and now here we are all grown up with families and living far away. Besides hanging out all the time, I think I miss those summers where we played in the pool all day long! LOL. However I think we had much more fun than our Mom's sitting out in the hot sun watching us.

Hope you have a fun day! Sending hugs!
Trisha